Casa Batllo is built between 1904 and 1906 and located on the beautiful Passeig de Gràcia. The Casa Battlo was purchased by Josep Battlo who commissioned Gaudí to redevelopment. The Battlo family was known from the textile industry and the family owned several factories in the city. Josep and his wife Amalia Godo Belaunzaran would have a house in addition to the ordinary and therefore gave Gaudí free rein to create what he wanted, the family lived in the house until the mid 1950s
Gaudí changed the original façade with a new composition of colored glass, stone and mosaic and the result is amazing – It’s simply an architectural treasure of Gaudí, Casa Battlo functioning today as a museum and gives an amazing insight into Gaudí 's work, so definitely worth a visit.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …