With your Montserrat ticket it is possible to view the Royal Basilica and see the wood-sculpture of the Black Madonna and according to the timetable it will be possible to listen to Escolania de Montserrat - which is Europe’s oldest boys choir, depending on the choir's scheduling which may vary - therefore no warranty (they primarily sing in the afternoon) and they will not be singing during summer season because of their holiday from school.
Montserrat tours run: All year round
Tours closed: 25/12, 26/12,1/1 and 6/1
Ticket To Montserrat includes:
- Round trip train and rack railway to Montserrat
- Admission to the interactive exhibition
- Visit to Museum of Montserrat where you can see different works by Picasso, Miró, Dalí among others in addition treasures of the ancient Orient
- A Liqueur tasting (at Montserrat Shop)
Departure point for Montserrat: Plaza España
- Arrive in good time because it can be a little difficult to find the train at the main station as there are several trains and underground.
- Look for the FGC Train - The train starts to run every hour from kl. 08:36 am to 14 pm - We recommend that you come early because you can easily spend a day in Montserrat
Plaza España Address: Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes 353
- Bring your Montserrat ticket in printet form that you have received by email at the time of purchase it must be validated in FGC booth at Plaza España station.
- Print the email which will be swapped into your: "All Montserrat Card" which then gives you access to the different areas
- Opening hours for the Montserrat ticket office (FGC BOOTH) are 08:00 am to 14 pm and
- Your Montserrat ticket in printet form can only be validated during these hours.
- The opening hours of the Montserrat ticket office in FGC Plaza Espanya is from 8:00 am - 2 pm - and you can ONLY validate your ticket transport in this schedule.
- Cremallera de Montserrat or the “rack railway” approx from 8:30 am to 6:30/7:00 - 2-3 trains every hour.
- The Information Office at Montserrat is open from 9 am to 5:45 pm
- The Self-Service Restaurant is open from 12 pm to 4 pm.
- The Museum of Montserrat is open from 10 am to 5:45 pm.
- The Audiovisual Space is open from 9 am to 5:45 pm
- The Basilica is open to the public from 7:30 am to 8 pm. Convent mass is at 11 am (during religious services)
- The Tabernacle of Our Lady is open from 8 to 10:30 am and from 12 to 6:30 pm.
- The Boy's Choir sings 'Salve and Virolai' from Monday to Friday at 1 pm and Sundays at noon. From Sunday to Thursday they take part in Vespers (6:45 pm).
NOTE! The performances of the Boy's Choir may vary due special liturgical celebrations and the school year calendar.